Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mt. Tamborine…

Now that it is Spring in Brisbane and the weather is being very kind at about 27 degrees C we are venturing out to see some of our surrounding areas.

Mt. Tamborine is about 30-45 minutes drive from Brisbane (depending on where you are).  From my house it takes about 25 minutes.  It is a favourite place for my family to visit and we have visited many times.  There are bush walking trails through the rainforest, winery and food tours, picnic spots, restaurants, boutique hotels and the skywalk. The latter being where we went, we being my mum, dad, my 2 children and I.

The Tamborine Rainforest skywalk costs:

Adult : $18.50

Child : $ 9.50

Family: $47.00

Seniors $15.50

We opted for a family ticket and a seniors ticket.

It is open everyday except Christmas Day and is open from 9.30-16.00.

The walk takes about 45 minutes.

P9180016 P9180019

P9180022 P9180044

There are some really great views from the skywalk. 

This post may be very humorous to many of you who know me well and know that I do not usually venture out into the “bush” and how you have heard me refuse to go bushwalking, but this walk was high in the trees and there was no need for sports shoes (but you really should wear flats).  I love that I can enjoy the prettiness of nature and not get my feet dirty Smile.

P9180064 P9180065 P9180066P9180071

This is also the best time of year to be doing any bushwalking as it is not too hot.  Don’t forget your sunscreen and sunglasses!

Where are you favourite bushwalks?

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!!! I really like it.Pretty Pictures you are shared. We have also the mount tamborine accommodation in which you can easily enjoy the, “The Escarpment Retreat” .
    mount tamborine accommodation

    ReplyDelete