Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bulimba Festival, City & Southbank…

On Sunday 28 August I went to the Bulimba Festival, I was joined by my sister in-law Ruvay.  We travelled by train from Narangba to Central, then walked to Eagle Street Pier to board a City Cat Ferry to Bulimba (1hr20mins). The trip on the Ferry was great on our way to Bulimba (it was a lovely sunny day).

P8280002P8280008

 

P8280031 P8280032

It was a short walk up Oxford Street to find the market marquees and the live band.  We headed straight to Mugged for a coffee. I have to say with regret that my espresso tasted like someone squeezed lemon juice into it (maybe it was an “off” day for them, I will return to test it again), Ruvay said her Latte was great!

There were many food stalls from the local cafes and restaurants and heaps of local stores had stalls there as well.  We ran into a friend there, Sharissa from Love, Marriage, Baby Carriage.

P8280039 P8280042

After a few hours of walking in the heat and crowds Ruvay and I decided to go back into Town to get something to eat.  We hopped on the City Cat and headed back to Eagle St Pier… not such a smooth ride back this time (bit green faced).

We ended up in David Jones trying on $1700 shoes for a little pick me up… made my day Smile. After some retail therapy and tummies grumbling we walked across Victoria Bridge to Southbank and enjoyed Filo’s and salad.

I introduced Ruvay to Max Brenner's Chocolate shop, unfortunately the line up to buy anything was so long we gave up.

We found a lovely place to sit and rest while we waited for our wonderful husbands to come and pick us up on their way home from the Family Farm.

There are so many Festivals on this time of year head out to one near by or head to a part of town you haven’t been to in a while and rediscover Brisbane.

No comments:

Post a Comment